Cat from Raspberry Rainbow has tagged me with this sunshine award, which apparently means I have to tell you guys 7 things you didn't know about me...
Ok here we go:
1. Sometimes I wonder if I have a little bit of a problem... I can't stand things to be uneven. Weird stuff- like if I have a ring on my middle finger on my right hand, there has to be one on the middle finger on my left hand, not only that, they have to be of equal size. And unlike most people, I have an anklet on each ankle. I know, I'm loopy.
When Aus was little he was given a toy dog that had ears you could pull through his head, making one longer and the other shorter. He would play with it and after he was done I had to pull the ears through to make sure they were absolutely even. I don't know why. But Jem saw me doing this and for ever after left the dog lying in plain view with one ear tiny and the other huge. It freaked me out so much that I hid the dog.
2. I have a medical condition called Meniere's disease. It's something that older people usually get, and only in one ear. I have it in both ears and will lose hearing later in life... but then so will most of us! :)
There are several annoying things about this condition: I have ringing in my ears every single day, like when you get home from a loud concert. When it started I nearly lost my mind, but now I hardly notice it.
The much worse thing is that when I play sport, like tennis and basketball, something happens to my ears and I lose all focus. The world spins like I'm drunk and I can't walk. And for the next 3 days I lay in bed and have to hold the wall to get to the loo to throw up. After that, as long as I don't run around I can go on pretty much as normal. Hence I don't play sport now, even a brisk walk can set me off.
3. I have been with my husband for 6 years and even though sometimes he can drive me nuts, I'm still just as in love with him as I was when I was 18. He is the kindest and most engaging person I know, and I have no doubts he will make a fantastic Police Officer. He is also a brilliant Dad, Aus & Noah never had a better play mate :)
4. I met my best friend just after I had Aus at a Mother's Group that Jem forced me to go to. Her daughter was 2 months younger than Aus and they are now best buds too. She loves Op Shopping and Garage Sales and Jewellery (in fact she's a jeweller). She's also fun and has the same sort of sense of humor as me, and the same style of parenting. I love her like a sister and don't know what I would do without her.
5. Since I was tiny (so my Gran says) I have been drawing/painting/crafting. She taught me to knit and to sew, and she still has lots of my drawings. I always have to be creating something. I can't sit in front of the TV without something in my hands or I fidget and bite my nails to make up for the lack. On holiday away from my craft paraphernalia, I get the itch so bad I have to buy pencils and paper just to sooth myself. Yes, there are many problems with me :)
6. I go crazy for garlic. Therefore often smell like I bathe in it. It's no problem to me, others might have a different idea though :) ... this also means I can't be a vampire.
7. Last of all I have a hugely supportive immediate and extended family. We are all very close, and being a Catholic family in my Gran's era, there are about a million of us. But almost every one of us stays in contact regularly and organise events or days out. We even have our own facebook group to keep up with what's going on. Sad and awesome at the same time :)
Thanks Cat, that was a bit of fun. Now people can have an insight as to how strange I really am!
I'm not going to tag anyone because I have no idea who has already done this! Hope your weekend was brilliant and the week to come even better!